Atkinson, NE – On Thursday, September 28, 2023, the Team Jack Foundation hosted their 11th Annual Radiothon presented by The Home Agency, live from Elwood, NE, raising over $167,000 for childhood brain cancer research. Aired on Nebraska radio stations, distributed by the Huskers Radio Network, and streamed live online, donors poured their support on Team Jack, raising vital funds for the cause! The success of this event can largely be attributed to the courageous families that shared their journeys. These families have lived through the horrific diagnosis and bravely shared their stories to help raise research funds and awareness to help kids diagnosed in the future.
Some highlights from the day:
- There was great support from hourly matching sponsors: BHA Real Estate, Applied Connective Technologies, Edward Jones, Sandhills Global, Werner Enterprises, the Eckerd family, and the David Spence Cancer Foundation in memory of Liza Burke!
- Drew Wetovich was on-site on behalf of the Cozad Chapter of Ducks Unlimited and presented Team Jack with a $5,000 check!
- It was an honor to have Jessica, brain tumor fighter, and her mother, Lynette, as well as Mikki and Craig, mother and father of the late Bella, brain tumor fighter, on-site the day of.
- On-site donors were treated to a free lunch, compliments of Steakmaster in Elwood.
- Local Elwood businesses, daycares, and schools raised nearly $1,300 collecting change.
“Another Radiothon, another success! We are so proud to be the presenting sponsor of such an important event. Team Jack’s work to fund innovative research for childhood brain cancer is the key to change. At The Home Agency, we are proud that our community and surrounding area, families, and friends have joined in to support the Radiothon by donating, volunteering, and making sure the message is clear: we need to put the kids of Nebraska first,” said Jim Baldonado, President of The Home Agency.
In conjunction with our 11th Annual Team Jack Radiothon presented by The Home Agency, our philanthropic partner in Omaha, Borsheims, hosted a Team Jack Donate Day at their Regency location. KAT 103.7 broadcast live with Gina Melton hosting a show from 11:30 am – 1:30 p.m. Muchachos food truck served lunch, with a portion of the proceeds returned to the Team Jack Foundation.
Volunteers from the Team Jack Omaha Advisory Committee collected donations both near the food truck and at the live broadcasting area. Borsheims donated a Shinola watch to be given to one lucky donor who came in store to make a gift to Team Jack. Vickii Reikofski from Tilden, NE, was the winner. This was a great collaborative effort and undoubtedly helped spread awareness for Team Jack in Omaha.
Fighting childhood brain cancer is a team effort, so the outstanding support from these local communities is extremely important to continue to make progress for kids with brain cancer!
“The 11th Annual Radiothon presented by The Home Agency was an incredible day in the fight against childhood brain cancer. We are especially thankful for our presenting sponsor, The Home Agency, and Jim and Sharri Baldonado and their family, as well as everyone who donated, bought a t-shirt, purchased a raffle ticket, and made an effort to support this event and Team Jack in any way. Your contribution played a crucial role in the success of our mission and allowed us to raise over $167,000 and counting in just one day. This was a huge win for Team Jack and our mission and will have a direct impact on kids fighting this horrible disease.” -Kylie Dockter, Executive Director of the Team Jack Foundation.