CHILDHOOD BRAIN CANCER FACTS
- Brain cancer is the deadliest cancer for children in the United States.
- Nearly 5,000 children are diagnosed annually.
- Nearly 30% of all children diagnosed with a brain tumor will die.
- Survivors are often left with lifelong deficits from the side effects of harsh treatments.
- Chemotherapy for childhood brain cancer has not advanced in 30 years.
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s research investments are spent on childhood cancer.
- 13 children are diagnosed with a brain tumor each day.
- Over 100 types of childhood brain tumors exist, complicating research and treatment.
- Brain cancer accounts for 23% of all childhood cancers in the United States.
To help us fund the cure consider making a tax-deductible donation today. Become part of the team of people working to make a difference for kids with brain cancer.